Bookmakers return money. For this, there are special rates with a return option. One of these is a bet on total over or under one. Today we will tell you everything we have learned about this over ten years of betting experience.
What is TB 1 and TM 1 in sports betting
In search queries, they often write: “Total 1 is more than what does it mean?” Total – a bet on the total result of a sports meeting or a single event within a match. They are bet on the number of goals in football, games in tennis, points in basketball, etc. In theory, such a bet can be placed on any countable event. They bet both on team achievements and on individual ones.
- Total is a line dividing an event into more or less. It is designated as TB, TM and a number.
Total over 1 (TB1) – a bet that more than one goal will be scored in a football match, more than one goal will be scored in hockey, etc. You win if teams score 2 or more goals. 0: 0 – loss. The refund is made for one goal.
- Total less than 1 (TB2) – a bet that the account will not be opened. With a win and a loss, the opposite is true: you win if there are no goals, and you lose if the total of goals scored is more than two. One goal scored in a match is a refund.
The total over and under can be bet both on the result of the game and on the result of one of the periods, for example, TB1 in the first half.
Consider three matches.
- A player will earn money if he places a bet on TB 1 on the Russian Premier League match between Spartak and Lokomotiv, in which both teams scored one goal. That is, 1 + 1 = 2.
- The player will give the money to the bookmaker if he bets on TB1 on the French Ligue 1 duel between Montpellier and Toulouse, in which none of the teams could score.
- A player will go to zero if he tries to profit from the English Premier League match between Chelsea and Burnley, which ended with a minimum victory for one of the teams.
Total 1m will be the opposite of the total 1b described above, with a return on one goal. Let’s take an example of the match of the 28th round of the English Premier League of the 2019/2020 season between Wolverhampton and Leicester, a bet on total in the first half. One of the bookmakers offered 1.75 odds before the break. The player made a bet on TM1 in the first half and allocated 1000 US dollars for it.
In the duel, there were several possible scenarios for the development of events:
- The account of the first half of the game is 0: 0. The prize is $ 1,750.
- In the first half, 2 or more goals were scored. Loss – 1000 USD.
- The account of the first half of the game is 0: 1 or 1: 0. Refund – 1000 USD to the gaming account.
In the first half, not a single goal was scored, our player received 1750 US dollars. When betting on the total of 1 half 1 more, the calculations are carried out according to the same principle.