Betting on the total in football without a strategy leads to the bank being drained. Read the recommendations of the “Championship” and the rules for calculating bets.
Any BC client knows what a total is in football betting. But playing in this market usually leads to losses. In this article,we will analyze the types of total, calculation examples, and strategies for betting more/less.
What is total in betting on football and other sports?
Total — the number of conventional units: goals, goals, points, corners, and so on. In the bookmaker’s line, the total is indicated by the letters “T” and ” B “— more or” M ” – less. You can bet on the total for the entire match or for another game period: half – time, period, quarter, and so on.
Types of bets on football total
There are three types of totals in the bookmaker’s line:
- a three-way route.
The usual total is written as an integer or a half fraction. For example, TB 1 or TM 1.5. When betting on a half total, there are two outcomes-winning and losing the bet. When betting on an integer total, a return option is added. When the number of conventional units matches the selected value.
The Asian total is marked in the line using a decimal fraction with a value of 25 or 75 after the dot. For example, TB 0.75, TM 1.75, etc. When betting on an Asian total, the bet amount is divided in half between two adjacent regular totals. For example, 1000 rubles for TB 0.75 is 500 rubles for TB 1 and 500 rubles for TB 0.5.
Three-way total — bet on the exact total. In the line of the bookmaker’s office, it is also referred to as 3way and is calculated without refund. For example, a bet on a three-way total of 2 goals will enter if a couple of goals are scored in a meeting.
Examples of bets on total more or less in football
Let’s look at five examples of calculating bets on different types of total for 1000 rubles each.
- TB 1.5 in the match “Liverpool” — “Manchester United” for a coefficient of 1.40. If both teams score two goals or more, you will receive 1,400 rubles: 1,000 x 1.40.
- TM 2 in the match “Barcelona” — “Valencia” for 3.45. If there are no goals in the match or only one goal is scored, the payout will be 3450 rubles: 1000 x 3.45. If the match ends with the score 2: 0, 1: 1 or 0: 2, the bet will be refunded. If three or more goals are scored in a match, the bet loses.
- TB 2.75 in the match “Bayern” — “Hoffenheim” for 1.80. The bid is divided into two halves: 500 rubles for TB 2.5 and 500 rubles for TB3. If three goals are scored in the game, the payout for TB 2.5 is 900 rubles: 500 x 1.80, and for TB 3, 500 rubles will be returned. In total, you will receive 1,400 rubles: 900 + 500. If four goals or more are scored in a match, both bets will be played. The payout is 1800 rubles: 1000 x 1.80.
- The three-way total is 2 in the match “Inter” — “Juventus” for 3.20. The bet will win if exactly two goals are scored in the match. The payout is 3,200 rubles: 1,000 x 3.20.
- Three-way total less than 3 in the match “Zenit” — “Lokomotiv” for a coefficient of 1.90. If you score two goals or less in the game, you will receive 1,900ьrubles: 1,000 x 1.90. If there are three goals or more, the bet will not go in.
Other types of total bets
- Individual total.
- Combined bets based on the total amount. For example, the outcome of the match is + total, both will score + total, and so on. The bet will pass if all selections are played.
- Total goal time — a bet on the sum of minutes when all goals were scored in regular time.